Designing a resume
What is Resume ?
The term "resume" is used in the United States. Its equivalent term is "Curriculum Vitae". This term is preferred in England and European countries. It is also used in India. But nowadays 'resume' is in higher frequency of use.
What is its importance ?
Resume writing is the first step in securring a job. One may have excellent academic qualifications, wonderful skills and talents. But, one should know to communicate them properly. Only then, he can reach the interview stage.
A resume is a marketing tool. It is the first indirect contact with the employer. A resume should be different in nature from the other resumes.
What are the content of a resume ?
A good resume should give importance to,
- Talent and
- Personal skills according to the employment needs.
|Your resume content
|What are you ?
|Education, experience and personal skills
|What have you done so far ?
|Past professional accomplishments
|What can you do for us ?
|Your plan for the development of the organisation
|What are your further plans ?
|Your professional growth and its contribution to the organization.
What is a good resume ?
- A resume is not an autobiography. It is a tool to market oneself.
- The job requiremet will decide the content of the resume.
- Experienced candidates should give employment history first and educational qualifications next.
- Fresh candidates should do the above in reverse.
- Personal details must be given only at the end.
- Details about family, marital status and heath need not be given.
- A resume should end with a reference to certify professional skill and character.
Download sample resume